Thursday, November 1, 2012
I suppose it is necessary for me to write an update of sorts...
Since my last "introduction" post, Ryan and I have been VERY busy! Here is just a tiny list of things, without going into crazy detail, that we have done since I last wrote:
1) I graduated college, passed my NCLEX (nursing license exam), and started working as a full time RN at a large teaching hospital in DC.
2) We traveled to Disney World and Myrtle Beach together. I went to Disney World with my mom, and Ryan went backpacking with his Dad in Colorado... the travel bug really bit us!
3) We finally started living together after almost 3 years of marriage!! It has been 5 months and I absolutely love it!
4) I BOUGHT A NEW CAR!! I got a 2012 Jetta TDI. We also paid off hubby's Mitsubishi Evo 5.5 years early... we will own my car by December. Having 2 incomes and 0 children is pretty awesome :)
5) We went to the 2012 Navy Ball! This is my fourth military ball... The youngest sailor was born in 1994... I almost fell over when they announced that...
6) Hubby finally made his decision to reenlist in the Navy! His ceremony is November 30th. I am very excited for him. On that note, he also was selected as Junior Sailor of the Quarter and picked up rank. He is awesome!
That's about all I can think of right now! I have to say, life is very good for us right now!! All of the years spent apart proved to be worth it just like we knew they would!
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Anyway - allow me to introduce myself!
I'm Natalie. I am a senior nursing student (officially less than two months from graduation) who loves pedicures, candles, bath and body works, all things pink, flowers, nature, biking, swimming, Disney, drinking iced tea, and shopping.
This is my husband, Ryan (right). Ryan is a corpsman in the Navy. He has been in almost 5 years! He has been with the marines, with the navy, on land deployments, on ship deployments, in health clinics, and everywhere in between. He is my best friend!!
Ryan and I met in 2008 and got married a year later in 2009. At some point I'll give all the details, but for now I am just covering the basics! As crazy as it sounds, we are currently living apart... and have been for the past 2 years. Fortunately, we only live 4 hours apart so we visit frequently... and even more fortunately, I already have a job lined up where he is stationed! So come May 5th, we will no longer be far apart!
I am hoping to use this as our journal - as a way to connect with friends and family, and to record the adventures of our married life! We have no kids yet, and do not want to have any for at least three years. That being said, it is going to be just us for a long time! I hope to record our experiences on here to reflect on later! Thanks for visiting. Don't be afraid to leave some love ;)