Monday, April 15, 2013

Back!! Updates, yet again!

I originally started blogging in April 2010 prior to hubby's second deployment. I don't know why, but this time of year really makes me want to continue blogging!! I just feel like there is a lull in my life right now... I've been at my job (that I love) for almost a year. We are about 16-18 months away from PCS time. We have made friends here in the DC region, but we have conversations all the time about how much we don't feel at home here, and how much we miss the west coast. It's so hard to make plans when the military has the final say, but I sincerely hope we will be able to go back to California... or at least somewhere where the beach is less than a 5 mile drive! I am such a beach girl, and although I have summer plans to visit Ocean City, MD, it's not the same as spontaneously hopping in the car and heading to the beach (like we would do SO often in socal!)

In exciting news, we welcomed a little kitty cat into our family! I always swore up and down that I am NOT a cat person, but I am madly in love with Posh! Due to our work schedules, we knew it would not be fair to get a dog that would need to be locked up most of the day. Therefore, Hubby picked her out at the local humane society, and she has been such a delight!! She is a 4 year old calico. I wish we knew some more about her background, because I cannot understand how anyone would ever give her up! She is very affectionate, playful, and sweet.

Hubby and I have been married for three years. When we got engaged four years ago, Hubby picked out a 1 karat solitaire princess cut diamond ring. When we got married, I picked out a diamond band. I absolutely loved the set, and thought it was very delicate and beautiful, but I knew that when we had a little more money, I would like to get something ornate! Hubby surprised me by bringing me to pick out a new setting! All of the original pieces of my ring are still incorporated, but we added a whole new setting! 

Other than that, things have been pretty ordinary! I have been working a lot of overtime to bring in some extra savings money. Hubby and I are planning a trip to Europe this fall, so we are trying to save as much as possible (I say that after we dropped some $$ on my ring, lol). On weekends we have been enjoying spending time in DC, biking, movies, and watching Grey's Anatomy on netflix. Ryan would kill me if he knew I was sharing that with the interwebs! Life is pretty ordinary at the moment! It's starting to get warmer here, and the sun is staying out longer. I am looking forward to summer!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment