Friday, April 26, 2013

White Chicken Chili


I love cooking dinner for Ryan, but some evenings I work until 11:30 or midnight, and that isn't an option. However, thanks the my crockpot, I am able to easily set up dinner so that when hubby gets home from work, he has a home cooked meal waiting for him with little or no preparation needed. One of my coworkers gave me this recipe for white chicken chili. Being a vegetarian, I can't speak to the taste, but hubby tells me that it's "amazing" and is always asking for it! Of course I don't mind, either, because its literally the easiest recipe ever!

Ingredients
1 Tablespoon McCormick taco seasoning
2 11 oz cans cream of chicken soup
15 oz can great northern beans, drained
15 oz can Hominy, drained
2 chicken breasts, skinnless and thawed
1 Small can chopped green chiles 
Shredded Mexican cheese (optional)

Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot and add all other ingredients. Mix the other ingredients on top of the chicken with a spoon. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or high for 5-6  hours. When finished, simply use a fork and/or knife to shred chicken in crock pot. Chicken will be tender and easily shreds. Mix chicken throughout chili. Then, if desired, sprinkle with shredded cheese of your choice and serve!! Don't be afraid to double the recipe... I usually do because it freezes well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment