Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend 2013

It has been an amazing weekend!
First of all, I just want to acknowledge Memorial Day. I saw a quote posted online that I feel says it best: "Every breath of free air is a gift from the fallen." What a beautiful way to express our gratitude!

Anyway, I am SO happy that this weekend finally arrived. I have been working weeks of overtime, and this weekend brought me 5 days off. I only have to work Wednesday and Friday this week too, thanks to holiday pay for Monday. After this week, it's back to OT for me... so I am enjoying the time off and getting plenty of rest. 

Hubby and I had a fun and productive weekend. We said goodbye to a friend who is changing duty stations by spending Friday night at the Capital Ale House. On Saturday, we went to an "Evo" Barbecue. I don't think I've written about this before, so let me fill y'all in. Hubby is a huge car fanatic. Two years ago, we bought his dream car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. Apparently, people who own these cars enter into an automatic friendship. I say this because hubby found an entire group of owners in the DC area, and has been to multiple get-togethers with them. I have tagged along before, but this was definitely the largest meet I went to. One of the couples hosted a potluck barbecue at their house... which turned into a car modification frenzy. 
As shown in this picture, I was NOT as into the mod part of the barbecue as the guys... but at least I was there to support, right?

Sunday we spent the day relaxing. We went grocery shopping, cleaned, and I went for a bike ride. 
I have had this bike since I was 12 years old. I have only needed minimal maintenance and basic replacements (got new pedals last year). Trek's are a bit pricey, but they are so durable!

Monday, hubby and I went to Kings Dominion. This was our 5th or 6th time visiting, and as always we had a blast. I was expecting it to be much more crowded, and was pleasantly surprised to find the opposite. We actually decided to leave our phones in the car, so we spent the entire day with just the two of us and no texting/calling/apps. I had an amazing time... I love dating my husband!

Today hubby is back to work, even though I begged him to "call in sick" (ha ha ha - anyone with a military hubby knows that is a no go). I am spending the day being domestic and pretending I am a housewife, which is surprisingly fun. I have already made two recipes off of pinterest. I have laundry in the washer as well. I love working and am so fortunate to have a career that is "transportable," but (I never thought I'd say this) I think I may consider working part-time (1-2 days a week) once we have babies. This is such a long ways off, but days like today make me think about the future.

All in all, I hope everyone has a wonderful week. My diamond candle has been shipped, and I will update after I finally melt my ring out of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment