Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

This past weekend, I made the 7 hour journey from our home in DC to my hometown in PA to visit my mama for Mother's Day.

I left early Friday and made it to PA by 2:00pm. Mama was working, but this gave me time to arrange her Mother's Day presents.

We had a wonderful fun filled weekend. We spent Friday night out at a local bar to watch a karaoke competition. The bar has a fun history behind it, so it was a lot of fun to see some of the artifacts. On Saturday I got a haircut (trim technically speaking), we went went out for breakfast, and then walked around the peninsula on Lake Erie. Then we visited a local amusement park for opening day. One of the local newscasters was participating in breaking a world record of riding a Ferris wheel for 31 hours without sleeping. We ended up riding with him on it which was fun! Then we had a Mediterranean style dinner and made it home to watch Kristen Wiig on SNL (I'm a huge fan). Sunday we spent the day shopping, and also channeled our inner Italian roots and made homemade ricotta and mozzarella cheese, and also homemade butter.


Overall it was a fabulous weekend. I'm so thankful that I am close enough to my family to be able to sneak home for a weekend when I want. I am thankful that my job allows me to self schedule as well so I can easily take off long weekends! This week I am working overtime and I am on call over the weekend, so I shall be a busy lady. Hope your week is going well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment