Thursday, June 27, 2013

50 Shades of Red

Today was the final day of my mini beach vacation. Unfortunately, I suffered some sunburn while laying out yesterday. I am always diligent about reapplying sunscreen every hour, but yesterday I fell asleep unintentionally and burnt to a crisp! It's one of those terrible sunburns where any sudden movement is painful. I have been applying aloe around the clock and am taking frequent cold showers. I came home today, and Ryan told me I looked like "50 shades of red." What a comedian ;)

Speaking of Ryan, tomorrow marks SIX years since he joined the navy. I am so proud of his decision to serve (and continuing to serve) our country. He signed his contract at age 17, and left right after graduating high school. I've seen him grow so much over the years, and I feel that the Navy has helped shape him into a wonderful man with dreams for a successful future. I made him a little treat to share with his coworkers tomorrow.


It's hard to believe its Friday already tomorrow... but maybe that's because I spent all week being a beach bum. I'm heading back to work tomorrow. Ry and I have no plans for the weekend as of now, so it will be interesting to see what we end up doing. The forecast looks lousy, but I'm hoping for some sunshine so we can head to the pool. Happy early weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment