Wednesday, June 26, 2013

From the Beach

It may only be 9am, but it's already in the 80s so I am camped out at the beach! My coworker and I took a few days off this week, said goodbye to our men, and headed to Ocean City, MD. Thankfully she has been here before, so she's been acting as our tour guide as well. I have been to several beaches on both coasts, and this beach falls right into what I have experienced for the east coast. It's relatively commercialized, but the sand is soft and the water is refreshing so it will do to satisfy my beach needs for the season.


I'm not sure what it is, but I feel most at peace when I am near the ocean. I can fully relax and reflect on my life here, which is something I can't always do at home. I've been trying recently to meditate and manifest, and I have found the easiest place for me to do that is near the ocean. I brought my latest Nicholas Sparks book, suntan lotion, beach snacks, and music, so I am set for the rest of the day. I will probably take a dip pretty soon to cool off.

In other news, hubby and I officially bought plane tickets for our 2 week adventure to Europe. This is something we've always talked about doing, and now that our plan is in action I am feeling super excited and blessed. I've been in a funk recently that has left me pouting and being a little crankier than necessary at times. It's so easy to get wrapped up in small issues and deflect from the positives in life. I don't want to waste any moment sulking in petty issues, and so I really need to work on maintaining a positive attitude as much as possible. I hope that the ocean air allows me to clear my mind of negativities and allows me to focus in the positives in my life. I am so, so blessed with opportunities, a job, a wonderful family, group of friends, home, and most importantly a God who loves me unconditionally. I've found that life is much more pleasant with a smile on and happy thoughts looming, so that is my prayer for this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment