Sunday, July 28, 2013

Moving

This week I've worked more than I ever have in my life. As I said in this post, it started with being called in all night early Sunday morning. My one day off was supposed to be Thursday, but I got a call from my boss asking me to come in that day because two people called off. Because I can't say no, I went in. I ended up working 69 hours this week. I decided to treat myself and buy some new shoes as a reward for all of the overtime I did this week. I got a pair of Toms and a pair of Sperrys.


I finally had today off, and have spent the day relaxing and celebrating with Ryan. We got ice cream to celebrate him completing another college class, as well as his acceptance to IDC school... which is what will bring us to California! His orders have him separating from his current command in June 2014, and starting IDC school is July 2014. Excited is an understatement to describe how I'm feeling about this. I've said it before and I'll say it again that I feel more at peace in California than I do anywhere else. When we leave, I will have exactly 2 years of nursing experience which is generally the amount of time needed to get a job through a travel agency. This is what I'm leaning toward for my career endeavors in SoCal for various reasons.

I'm also thankful we have a full year to look forward to and plan our move. It's just the right amount of time away from now. I will be able to give my employer plenty of notice, as well as have enough time to look for apartments, a new job, etc. Hearing this news has helped me keep a permanent smile on my face. Whenever I'm feeling stressed, I daydream about our move and my worries are whisked away. Ryan and I hoped and prayed for this opportunity, and I am so grateful that He has led us back to the golden state.





No comments:

Post a Comment