Saturday, August 17, 2013

Biking in DC

A couple weekends ago, Ryan and I drove to Ohio to visit his great-grandma. While we were there, we picked up Ryan's bicycle which had been collecting dust since he joined the Navy. This weekend, we finally put our bicycles to use.

Because we're living on a budget, we decided to jam the bikes in one of our cars rather than buy a rack. It was a tight fit, but we managed fitting them in.


We headed to DC and biked around the Georgetown neighborhood. We grabbed salads for dinner since we were on a healthy spree with the biking and all. 


I'm always surprised about the "outdoors" within the DC area. For being a metropolitan city, it has much to offer regarding trails, parks, and nature. Today we biked on the Capitol Crescent Trail, which is literally a stone throw away from M Street. While on the trail, I couldn't help but appreciate the beautiful views, especially along the Potomac. It didn't even feel like we were in the city!


It's hard to believe that a year from now, we will be in California. As much as I can't wait, there are many things about this area that I will miss. I want to continue exploring and appreciating this amazing city while we live here. People come from all over the world to visit DC, and I firmly believe we are so fortunate to have all it has to offer at our fingertips.





No comments:

Post a Comment