Thursday, September 26, 2013

Back to the Grind

We've officially been back in the USA for over 24 hours. Ryan and I both go back to work today. Vacation is officially over. Yesterday we picked up our kittycat (who is cuddled up on me at the moment, love our snuggle sessions). We went grocery shopping, cleaned, did laundry, and caught up on our budget. It's crazy how behind you can get after ony a two week hiatus.

Due to two weeks of vacation and way too much indulging, I'm avoiding the scale for a while. I know without even stepping on it that I gained while we were away, so I'm saving myself the misery of seeing exactly how much I gained. I made some tabouleh, but didn't follow an exact recipe. I used cracked wheat, celery, onion, tomato, cucumber, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. I'm sticking to fruits, veggies, and minimal carbs for a little while... Hopefully those extra pounds slip off as easily as they went on (wishful thinking, it's never that easy)!

The weather is much chillier than when we left. I'm guilty of breaking out my uggs yesterday. By the late afternoon, the temp rose to the 70s so I felt like it was a little soon, but then I reminded myself that it is officially fall so anything goes as far as I'm concerned. I can't wait to break out my mustard cardigan this weekend!

I can't complain about work, especially because my work week is beginning with a Thursday. Pretty nice if you ask me. Hopefully I still remember how to be a nurse after all this time off ;-)

Someone thinks that the new rugs we bought in Turkey are actually new beds for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment