Monday, September 23, 2013

Summer's End

A few weeks ago, I blogged about not being ready to accept that summer was nearing an end. After our vacation and since its the end of September, I'm officially embracing the season change.

Today is our final wakeup in Rome, as we leave this afternoon. This was the longest vacation Ryan and I ever took together (12 days) and it has just been incredible. I'm going to need to dedicate an entire post to some of the pictures. Have you ever taken a vacation and dreaded coming home because "it went by too fast?" I know I have, but this vacation feels different. I think we spent the perfect amount of time here, and I feel ready to go home (and reunite with our kittycat). Now getting up and going to work for three days... that's a different story.

It seems like the entire month of September totally flew by. Fall is in full swing. We already have plans to visit a pumpkin patch, and I already put up most of our decorations before we left. The navy ball is just around the corner as well. We have a lot to look forward to. In the same breath, I'm starting to realize how little time we have left in DC. This is our last fall here. We have about 9 months left here which sounds like a lot, but I know it will fly.

Here's to fall... A new season to celebrate and enjoy. Here's to pumpkin patches, pumpkins carving, pumpkin spice lattes (umm and hello new pumpkin spice frap), cardigans, apple scented candles, leaves changing, cooler weather, oranges, mustards, and browns...

For your viewing pleasure, a few sneak peak pictures. Happy fall, everyone!

Obligatory cheesy cruise photo
Unconditional Surrender sculpture... AKA a sailor kissing a nurse, which is so appropriate for us!
La pieta

No comments:

Post a Comment