Saturday, October 12, 2013

Fall Weekends

The past few weekends have had some pretty sporadic weather. Last weekend felt like summer as it was in the 80s and super humid outside. This weekend it's been rainy and cold. We've found fun things to do though, so that's all that matters.

Last weekend we met up with another couple I know from work. The four of us went to a farm for some fall festivities. We picked apples, pumpkins, and shopped in the barn for fresh veggies and apple cider. I picked out a cotton candy pumpkin that I think is just so pretty. I absolutely love the name as well.


I'm not sure if I'm going to paint it, carve it, cook it, or just leave it alone. It's sitting on our coffee table currently. Fall is one of my favorite seasons to decorate for. I love all the funky looking gourds, as well as anything orange, mustard yellow, brown, and red. 


This weekend we ventured to the Tyson's Corner mall. All I have to say is WOW. I thought the Pentagon City Mall was big, but it has nothing on Tyson's. I come from a smaller town, so the big malls here are a little intimidating. We actually carried a map with us today! They had practically any store, and Ryan and I were both able to find new things.

I felt super nostalgic when I passed the American Girl store. Growing up, I had 2 AG dolls that I abosolutely adored. I took great care of them too, and saved every last accessory. I'm hoping to hand them off to our daughters one day. There were a lot of dolls and stories I remembered, but there were several new ones as well. Ryan had never even heard of the dolls and was completely shocked that the store had two levels, including a cafe and saloon for the dolls. 


I'm working tomorrow, but am super excited because Ryan and I both have off Monday. We never have weekdays off together, so it'll be nice to spend an extra day together this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment