Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pick Up

My momma always taught me (and still does) that when you're down, you always have to pick yourself back up. Therefore, after my mini whine session in my last post, I'm following up with a more positive post today.

Like I said, Ryan and I always find fun things to do on the weekends. My sleep schedule has been out of whack due to readjusting after my week of night shifts. I slept in until 3pm yesterday! Talk about sleeping the day away! Once I woke up, Ryan and I headed to lunch. We then visited the local humane society where Ryan adopted Posh. People ask me if visiting the animals makes me want another (which I do), but I love just having one baby to spoil and being able to get her everything (like cat strollers and such). They have brushes and treats for the cats and dogs, so we enjoy spending a couple hours giving them some attention. There were so many kittens at the shelter. They are so sweet!




Then we came home and cuddled with our own sweet baby girl, until I got called into work for a few hours.


Today we headed to our favorite sandwich shop in Georgetown, and then we checked out the new TJ Maxx and Homegoods there. Oh my goodness, the store was divine. I'm keeping my eyes open for stocking stuffers for hubby. Unfortunately we are both working around Christmas, so we won't get to come home. It'll be just us!

And just like that, tomorrow is Monday. Back to the grind!


No comments:

Post a Comment