Monday, October 14, 2013

Sunny Days

After a week of rain, we finally got a day of gorgeous and dry weather in the DC metro area. It was perfect weather, too: in the 60s and 70s, sunny, and no humidity. Hubby and I both had off, but didn't realize each other had off until Saturday. We both work every Monday, but he has off for Columbus Day, and I have off because I am working nights this week. I was super excited to realize we got an extra day together this week.

We decided to be active and went for a bike ride. We brought some bread and stopped at the pond near our house and fed some ducks and geese. We definitely didn't bring enough bread though, because the birds kept on coming! 


I took Posh for a walk in her stroller too. She's such a love bug. She always wants to go outside, but since she was declawed when we adopted her, we don't let her run around. Plus, there are so many feral cats in our neighborhood that could carry diseases. Therefore, walks are the perfect way for her to safely go outside.


I totally love having a day to relax and catch up on laundry and cleaning. When I work nights, I feel like I have so much extra time (since I'm essentially at home all day). I never get on a good sleep schedule though, so by the end I'm exhausted. I'm trying to get on a nocturnal schedule starting tonight; let's see how this goes!

Have a great week y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment