Monday, November 11, 2013

His Day

When I met Ryan 5 years ago, he was an E2 who couldn't stop talking about getting out of the military. He was stationed with 1st Recon and deployed in Iraq, and even tried to get out early.  I think I came into his life at just the right time. I am an optimist, and I tried to help him stay positive and focus on the remaining years of his contract as a time to grow and take advantage of opportunities such as tuition assistance.

When his contract finally came down to its final months, Ryan came to me and said he felt like he was supposed to stay in the military. I was dumbfounded. Where did this come from?? As a loyal and supportive wife, I assured him I was ready for any challenge and would be ok with whatever he decided. He decided to extend an additional year, and then reenlisted about a year ago. The growth I have seen in him as a professional over the last 5 years is so inspiring. I am so proud of him and his decision to continue serving our country. He has plans of going for the full 20+, and I can't wait for what's next during this journey.

Ryan, my salty sailor, thank you for choosing me as your wife to go through this whirlwind military adventure with you!!! From California, to DC, and back to California in 2014, I am anxiously anticipating what the next years will bring us!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment