Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful

This past year, I've grown in a spiritual way. I've started meditating, which has helped me learn new techniques to relax and calm my nerves. Meditating has also helped me learn to focus my thoughts easily, and most recently I completed a 21 day meditation that focused specifically on gratitude. One thing I constantly struggle with is weeding out negative thoughts in order to concentrate on the many positives in my life.

I am so thankful for my life. Even on my worst days where it feels like nothing is going my way, I am so blessed. I don't acknowledge this enough, but I am so thankful for my husband. Not many people are lucky enough to meet the love of their life as a teenager, but I was. That is a blessing in and of itself... not to mention the facts that he's hardworking, compassionate, and dedicated to me. 


I'm thankful for our adventures with the military, and all of the benefits that come along with that lifestyle. I am thankful for our next move to Southern California. I'm thankful for all of the friends we have made during his 6 years in the Navy so far. 


I am thankful for my career as a nurse. I'm thankful for the amazing women and men that I work with. In my short time as a nurse, I've grown not only in my professional life but also as a person. Nursing has helped mold my thoughts and outlook on life and has allowed me to care for other people. Serving others is my passion, and I thank God for leading me to this profession. 


I'm thankful for this little baby. Posh has taught me so much about unconditional love, and I can't thank God enough for blessing me with her. I never knew I was passionate about animals until we adopted her, and now it's common for me to make donations to the humane society on a regular basis. I am thankful for all living creatures and the joy that they bring to our lives.

I'm also thankful for my family, and the fact that I got to spend lots of time with them this past year even though we are all spread out from coast to coast. I'm thankful that Ryan and I were able to take off work and travel to my hometown to celebrate thanksgiving. My mom has 4 pies made (there are 4 of us eating tomorrow...) and we are bound to be in full food comas by 2pm. Happy thanksgiving, eat lots of turkey!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment