Friday, December 27, 2013

Cheap Date

One of my favorite gifts (especially if it's a joint gift for us) is a gift card. They make for perfect date nights! We got a good number of gift cards from family and friends this Christmas, so I see a number of dinner, movie, and coffee dates in our future!

Tonight we went to Zoo Lights at the National Zoo. We gambled and drove rather than take the metro, and we scored an awesome parking spot. 


We had a great time walking around, checking out some of the animal exhibits that were open, talking, and sipping some Starbucks (from a Christmas gift card). I love that the zoo here is free. Ryan and I are huge animal lovers, so we easily spend hours checking them out.



Annual events like this make me a bit sad knowing we won't be here to enjoy them next year, but I know we will find fun activites in San Diego. 


In typical old, married couple fashion, Ryan and I are home and in pajamas by 10pm. I love that we are on the same page about that. We are going snowboarding tomorrow, so this final weekend of the year is definitely going to be a busy one for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment