Sunday, December 22, 2013

Holiday Season

I'm baaaack!!! I didn't actually go anywhere, but I did take a bit of a break on blogging. This time of year is just so busy... So what was I thinking when I signed up for overtime and call each week in December?? One of my college friends visited me earlier this week, so that kept me busy as well. Mix all of that with Christmas shopping and cards, and you're destined to be burnt out... which I now am. Fortunately I am only working two days (thanks to holiday pay) for the next two weeks. I'm already feeling much more relaxed.

Anyway, I love this time of the year. Hot cocoa, Christmas lights, cheesy movies and songs... It makes me so happy! Some people hate it, but I love the chaos of stores at this time of year. We organized a secret Santa at work, which is always a blast. My secret Santa totally spoiled me and indulged my cat lady obsession... So fun!

Since Ryan and I had time off for thanksgiving, we are both working around Christmas. I cannot even express how amazing our families and friends have been. Every day we've received thoughtful cards and presents in the mail. The outpouring of love makes me feel so grateful. No matter how far away we are, we are not forgotten. It means so much to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment