Monday, December 23, 2013

Slowing Down

I recently did a meditation that talked about how American society has made us believe that we always need to be busy. When you ask someone how they are, "I've been busy" is a common answer. I know I say it often. I feel busy. 

It made me think though, what is busy? For me, it's signing up for overtime each week, cramming laundry, grocery shopping, cooking and cleaning into one day, and spending one day running around/dating my husband. On days I'm not busy, I feel like I'm unproductive and lazy... but really I'm just taking time to relax and enjoy my life. My mother instilled this incredible work ethic in me, but I realize I need to tone things down. The time I lose by working extra and running around is irreplaceable. These early years of our careers and marriage should be cherished.


I haven't decided if I want to officially declare a New Years resolution, but I'm considering something regarding relaxing and slowing down. I feel like I'm always living a few steps ahead of myself, and it totally prevents me from fully enjoying what's right before my eyes. I am so incredibly blessed, and there is no excuse for rushing through these blessings without fully enjoying them!

No comments:

Post a Comment