Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Back

2014 didn't start out on the best note. We're all fine, but things came up and had me feeling a little unglued the first few weeks of the year, which is why I haven't posted anything. I know that the start of the new year is meant to be a hopeful time with a fresh start, but this is a weird/sad time of year for me historically. For instance, while I was in college, this was when I had to leave Ryan to go back to school. I still remind myself how thankful I am to NOT be in a long distance marriage. That was really tough.

I haven't picked a "resolution" for New Years, but I have decided to try to focus on positive thinking and working to eliminate undue stress that I often bring on myself. One thing I've noticed recently is that I allow the opinions of other people to make me question my own thoughts. Maybe this is sheltered, but I've decided to be a bit more private with acquaintances and self sharing. I'm normally an open book and find it therapeutic to talk openly, but it's not worth hearing negative comments. I'm not sure what has made me insecure to allow these comments to create stress for me, but I want to change it.  I'm really not a negative person, but I've been doing a lot of reading and truly believe that putting out negative thoughts yields negative outcomes, and the same with positive thinking.

The most relaxing and peaceful things for me include painting (I just started painting on my largest canvas to date!), crystals and their energetic properties (I should do a whole post on this), spending time at the beach, meditating/reflecting, and reading. Ryan tells me I'm going to fit right in with "the hippies in California" and I hope he's right! I'm thankful for a few coworkers who share and understand these interests (particularly the crystals and meditating) because it's something I've recently gotten into, and find very therapeutic.

I'm thankful for a long weekend with my hubby. We went to a potluck today, them came home and watched netflix all evening. It's chilly here!! We have nothing concrete planned for the rest of the weekend, so I'm excited to see what we decide to do. 

Here's our version of an "awkward family photo" where it looks like I'm choking our precious love bug!! I'm petting her I promise!

Happy weekend y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment