Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Homeward Bound

After four awesome days in the big apple, I'm heading back home to DC today. I've visited New York numerous times, and I love visiting my friend without having to do all of the touristy things. I know my favorite NYC spots, and she always has new ideas for us.


My favorite cupcakes in the world come from NYC. Baked by Melissa... They are the perfect bite sized morsels. I am actually thankful they can't be purchased in DC (other than ordering and having them shipped...) because I would probably gain a ton of weight.

We also visited Dos Caminos, a favorite Mexican restaurant. If you are guilty of watching Kardashian shows like me, they often stop at this restaurant. The guac is amazing. 



Dylan's Candy Bar was a new place for me, but I've heard of it before. It's owned by Ralph Lauren's daughter Dylan. She used Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as her inspiration for this store, and it truly is magical. I got hubby some treats from here.


We also took a spinning class, which was amazing and unlike any other gym class I've been to before. I wish they had the classes in DC because it was so good and I would love to go regularly. I feel like I burnt a ton of calories (which was so needed because I think I gained a ton of weight from all of our eating!)

Overall it was a really fun long weeked with one of my best friends from college. We spent a lot of time watching Lifetime movies, which we both enjoy more than anyone I know. I'm sad to leave! I do need to do a major cleanse/fast though to get my body back on track!


No comments:

Post a Comment