Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Small Changes Can Make a Big Difference


After about 10 months (minus a couple vacation and holiday weeks) of working overtime, I am officially cutting back to 3 days a week. For nurses, three 12 hour shifts is considered full time so I will still get all of my benefits, just less money.

Growing up, my mom instilled a strong work ethic in me. She struggled to find a full time job, and always encouraged me to seek out career opportunities and to put 100% into work. I am so passionate about being a nurse and love it, but after doing so much overtime I am starting to feel a bit burnt out.  We were able to pay off all car loans and save a good chunk of change, so I felt like it was a good time to cut back.

I'm looking into getting certified in my nursing specialty, so the extra two days off will allow me to have more time to study, in addition to wife duties. Im working overtime this week and next, but after that I will be finished. I'm really looking forward to this change!

No comments:

Post a Comment