Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Snowed In

Sometimes things don't go our way, and other times they work out perfectly! Today is one of those times.

To put it bluntly, this winter has been brutal in DC. I'm from northern PA so I am used to snow and cold, but it's obvious that the district is not used to such cold temperatures. Even though I'm a snowboarder, I prefer fair weather over the cold. Each week seems to top the last when it comes to freezing temperatures and snow accumulation.

As I mentioned last week, this week was my last week of overtime for a while. As luck would have it, Ryan got a snow day today... and I happen to be off for the next week! I feel like a little kid all giddy and excited about a midweek play date with my hubby!! We slept in and tried to be productive, but we've mostly been doing this all day... 


We did venture out to get Chipotle and discovered that the roads weren't bad at all. Sadly, it looks like Ryan will be back to work tomorrow. We have tickets to see a movie tomorrow evening, and then on Saturday I visit one of my girlfriends in NYC for the weekend! 

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, but you won't see me posting pictures and status updates about all the goodies my hubby gets me. That's something I just don't understand. I'm thankful for a thoughtful and caring husband, but I feel like people who post those are just fishing for attention. Totally my opinion though, but I just don't find that necessary or appropriate. Just like the pictures people post of all of their Christmas gifts. Stay humble, and stay warm folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment