Monday, March 17, 2014

Goals This Week

As a nurse, I have the luxury of wearing scrubs to work. I can literally wake up 15 minutes before I need to go to work in order to get ready. It's far too easy for me to just throw my hair into a messy bun and put a headband on instead of making my hair look presentable. Now I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that look, but a recent goal I've set for myself is to try to look more professional and take pride in my appearance. 

This entire week (starting yesterday) I'm trying to be diligent about taking my vitamins, drinking water, fixing my hair, wearing earrings (studs... Because my semi concious adult and pediatric patients grab at anything dangly), making our bed, flossing, etc. I'm trying to pick up my clothes and put them right into the laundry basket and not next to it when I get home from work. I'm putting my dishes right into the dishwasher and not piling them in the sink. These are all habits I have, and I'm trying to eliminate excess clutter and become more organized so it all needs to change. 

They say it takes 28 days for something to become a habit forming behavior. I'm starting with a week and seeing how things go! This is one if many reasons that I love blogging: accountability. I put this 'goal' out there, and now I'm promising myself to update how it goes over the week. 

Some people may do all of these things on a regular basis - go you if you're one of them. Seriously, the vitamin thing is one of my biggest challenges and I respect people who are compliant with meds. Some people have no choice (life or death) so what's my excuse?

AND what kind of Irish girl would I be if didn't mention St Patrick's Day??? Happy Shamrock Day friends! This is a fun little banner I have hanging up. I'm wearing some green scrubs today too! 



No comments:

Post a Comment