Thursday, March 20, 2014

Morning Routine

On days off, I do my best to sleep in. I don't set an alarm, so I get to wake up naturally. Today that happened to be at 9am, which is early for me. I decided to hang out in bed and start my day off with a meditation.

I know not everyone is a fan of meditations. Some people may not understand exactly what they are. I'm not even 100% sure I know their meaning, but I do know what they mean to me. With all of the hustle bustle of life (and a cross country PCS looming over you) I look for any outlet that will allow me to release some of my energy, set a positive intention, and feel refreshed. You can find meditations anywhere, or you can make up your own. You can pay for them, or you can be like me and find some on YouTube. They're basically a person talking, coaching you to relax and focus on a particular thought. I always feel so refreshed and ready to tackle the day when I do one first thing in the morning.

I have a lot of studying to do today for my certification exam. I'm 3 weeks away from taking it! Even though it's the first day of spring, it's chilly outside and I plan on cuddling up with a chai latte, candles, and blankets to study.


What I don't like when I'm home alone is when a mystery person knocks on the door. We aren't expecting anything in the mail. Our landlord hasn't contacted us that they are doing an inspection. All of our friends live in Arlington and DC and are working, so it's not a surprise lunch guest. I'm not normally paranoid, but I am sure I've mentioned before that we don't exactly love our neighborhood. There have been random crimes, and what's even scarier is what happened to these poor people. I know nowhere is completely safe, but I just decided to hide and not answer the door. If it's that important, they'll contact us.

On a happier note, tomorrow is Friday! The weather is supposed to be pleasant this weekend. March is already two-thirds over. I can't get over how quickly time passes! Some days I wish I could switch places with this girl and sun myself all day, with no care in the world! 

Happy first day of spring, friends! 









No comments:

Post a Comment