Thursday, April 10, 2014

I Passed!

I am so relieved and excited to share that I passed my nursing certification exam!! Ryan was a sweetheart and took leave just today so that I wouldn't have to stress about parking in DC. After arriving to the test an hour early, they let me start early. I ended up finishing the test in just over an hour... and I passed! 

Ryan wasn't planning on me being finished so quickly, so while waiting for him to come get me, I did an impromptu DC walking tour. It was perfect timing too because the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. It was such a pretty day, and I was on cloud nine after passing.



I couldn't believe how many tourists were in the area. It was so busy! After Ryan found me, we went to one of our favorite sandwich restaurants, Jetties. Ryan went all skinny boy on me and got a salad (his fitness test is coming up).


We came home and went on a walk. It's crazy to think about, but we have about 9 weeks left here. My certification exam has been my focal point for the last few months, and with that finished my new focus is getting ready for our move. We need to do a deep clean of our home and get rid of things we aren't using and won't need in California, but that's a whole post of it's own.

AND to top off the excitement of the day, there were several full time jobs in my specialty posted for some San Diego hospitals... Fate?? I'm feeling like it's almost time to begin my applications (gag). For now, I will focus on accomplishment of becoming a certified nurse :) I'm heading to my hometown all next week (I promise I'm still employed. I work tomorrow... Just using some vacation!) and I'm looking forward to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment