Monday, April 14, 2014

Yankee Doodle


Last Saturday I hit the road (after a terribly long 2 hour class on IV fluid pumps at work) and hightailed it to my hometown in northwest PA. Even though DC doesn't feel like the south, it's still technically south of the Mason-Dixon. It's such a melting pot that you don't even notice it though. Regardless, for whatever reason I truly looked forward to this trip back to my hometown.

Usually when I'm here, I visit for a long weekend or part of a week. This time, I took an entire week of vacation. I'm so thankful I did this, too. It's really starting to sink in that I won't be within driving distance of my hometown. I went to college away from home, but like where we live now I could easily take a long weekend and drive home. I've lived on the east coast my entire life, and it makes me sad knowing I won't be as close to my family and many friends. 

Since I'm here for an extended time with little itinerary, I've been able to visit with some of my childhood friends. It's so nice to have people who you can pick up where you left off and know they are forever friends. I've also spent lots of time with my momma, and we have a mini day trip planned for Wednesday. Also it's supposed to SNOW here tomorrow! I totally didn't pack for that.


You know I've totally facetimed with this bug everyday. Thank you God for blessing me with the most patient husband ever. Thank you also for allowing me this opportunity to come home and spend Easter with my mom. Thank you for "forever friends" from all stages of my life. I feel very thankful for the many blessings in my life, but nothing is as precious as friends and family.

PS does anyone else have parents who force you to take things back home every time you visit? Since we are moving to California I think my mom thinks we won't ever come back here. She is trying to make me take EVERY little thing I have here back to DC for our move!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment