Monday, May 12, 2014

No Place Like Home

I love traveling, especially when visiting family. As I said, I had an amazing Mother's Day with my mom. I had just spent 10 days with her about three weeks ago, but went back again for the holiday. Knowing that I won't be able to drive to visit her for a long weekend has pushed me to make an extra effort before our move. When we finally pack the cars and drive, she's the first person we are staying with/visiting on our cross country trek.

They being said, there is no place like home... and no bed like my bed. I feel so comfortable and relaxed in our bed, and it's something that can't be replicated anywhere. I love our home and just relaxing on the couch with Ryan and Posh. We don't even have to be doing anything; just being with them makes me happy. 

When I got home today, hubby suggested we get pedicures. When we first moved here, one of the first places we found was our mini spa. They have fun workers, awesome massage chairs, and our favorite... they hand out complimentary food and drinks. I tried taking a pic of my fruit, but the massage chair was going a bit crazy so the pic is blurry. You get the idea though :)


Ryan and I got to thinking about all of our "spots" that we go to so frequently that we will need to find a similar version/replacement in San Diego. Chinese restaurant, nail salon, whole foods (I'm picky with groceries), target, movie theater, and Thai restaurant are all on the list and I'm sure there are even more. It'll be fun to develop new roots in San Diego.

Most of our lives is out of our control. I am so thankful for my husband and his laid back, calm demeanor. He compliments me so well. I know our life is going to be uprooted soon, but it really won't be because we will have each other. Wherever he goes is home for me, and I can't wait for this next chapter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment