Wednesday, June 11, 2014

PCS Chronicles: Save the Date

Today we got a phone call from our moving company. We scheduled a pack and pickup date (next Tuesday!!) and gave them a rough estimate about our furniture and other belongings. It's at this point in the moving process where it all becomes totally real. As of Tuesdsy night, it will be Ryan, me, the cat, and whatever we can fit in the car we are driving across... Whoa!

In retrospect, I should have quit my job this week instead of next. It would be much more convienent to coordinate everything if we knew 100% that I could be there. As it is, I'm switching days around to accommodate everything, but thankfully my coworkers are supportive and helpful with switching. 

I'm off today, and I'm starting to pack our bags and items to set aside and keep in the car. I'm also trying to tidy everything so once the movers do come, our stuff isn't disorganized and then packed all sloppy/uncoordinated. In  a weird way, it's sad to take everything down! For instance, here is our pile of wall decor...


Bare walls are depressing! I'm so happy to be leaving this hot and humid weather (it feels like a sauna outside) but there's a microscopic ounce of me that will always remember this home and the memories we made here. It's been a great 2 years in this apartment!

That's all I have for today! Tonight is Ryan's going away party for his work. It's all really happening, and I'm so excited to be on this ride with my husband!!



No comments:

Post a Comment