Thursday, June 19, 2014

PCS Chronicles: take off!

It's official, we are on the road! We woke up around 5am today to do a final clean of the apartment, packed the car, and turned in our keys!


It's so weird thinking we are essentially homeless right now! I can't believe our apartment is totally empty, and we aren't returning to it... ever! Our next home is waiting for us though and I can't wait to move in!

Ryan and I have been good about taking turns driving and napping. We both slept today while the other person drove, so we made up for our lack of sleep last night. We first drove up to Pittsburgh to visit some family. My mom drove up and met us. Posh got to get out and stretch her legs, and we got lunch so it was a nice stop to break up the driving.




We then got back on the road around 5 and made way to the Ohio/Indiana border where Ryan's great grandma lives! She greeted us with strawberry pie. We will be staying here for a few days, and then we will continue west. 

Posh is holding up well! She's such a good sport in her crate. I think she feels comfortable in it because she's been resting most of the drive. 

If you could keep us in your thoughts and prayers, I will be grateful! I am thankful for a safe and sound first day and pray for this to be a good preview for the rest of our trip. Also, I'm currently stuck between jobs in my job hunting and could definitely use some positive vibes sent my way for that as well!! It's so hard deciding which direction to take, but I am confident God will help me choose the best one!

***Don't forget you can follow our move on twitter or Instagram under the hashtag #poshmovestocalifornia. I have to admit, I'm having a lot of fun with this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment