Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Saying Goodbye

I'm at that point in the moving process where I'm making my final plans to see people, and we know it will be the last time before I head west. Is anyone else terrible at goodbyes? I'm awful. I hate saying goodbye, and I would much rather just leave somewhere without having to bid farewell. It makes me sad because in every junction of our lives, there are people we say goodbye to that we will never see again.

I keep in touch with about 3 people from high school and 3 people from college. I talk to them at least a couple times a week. With Facebook, I "keep up" with lots of other people, but we aren't planning trips to see each other. I know I will keep in touch with a few people here, but it's reality that I won't stay close with everyone the way it is now. It helps that I am flying back here less than a month after we leave for my friend's wedding. I just never imagined becoming so close with people here in DC, but I'm so thankful I did.


Two weeks is all we have left. I have 7 shifts at work. We have a lot going on these last few weeks. Today is one of my few days off, and I'm spending it by going through things and getting rid of stuff we don't need. I'm trying to get as organized as possible pre-move so that once the movers come in and box everything, we don't end up moving a bunch of stuff we don't want. We have already sold a shelf and our fish tank on craigslist, and we have lots of donations as well. I have to say, I love that this move is finally here and in full swing! I spent a year anticipating it, and now it is here!

I'm praying for a productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment