Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My 22 hour East Coast Trip


Last weekend, I flew a red eye flight Friday night back to DC. I would not do that for just anybody, but the occasion was my friend Angela's wedding and I could not miss it. Angela was my preceptor when I first became a nurse. We worked together for several months exclusively and got super close. She's been planning her wedding for over a year, and it's been so fun following in her excitement and planning. I mean, everyone knows when you have downtime at work you surf the web. I got to be there when she looked at venues, bridesmaid dresses, wedding dresses, shoes, flowers, bands... etc. I didn't want to miss out in experiencing all of it and seeing her!




She had the band Spectrum play at her reception. If anyone in DC is planning a wedding, I highly highly recommend them. They were amazing, beyond this world talented. I didn't realize how different a live band was compared to a DJ at a wedding reception. It was really awesome.

Before I knew it, it was Sunday morning and time for me to fly home to San Diego. I'm still not used to referring to "home" as California, but I love saying it!! So often in college, I flew from the east coast to the west for the weekend, so it felt like a full circle to be at this moment in my life. Here I am, in this amazing state with my husband. I couldn't be happier. This really is the best.








No comments:

Post a Comment