Friday, August 29, 2014

California Fun

I have been bad bad bad at blogging! It's funny because I have been super active and busy, but I just have not disciplined myself to blog about it! Last weekend was my first 3 day weekend since we have moved to San Diego. I am learning to get out of my comfort zone and hang out with people when they invite me! If I have learned one thing about Southern California, it is that EVERYONE is super active, and it makes sense since there are so many outdoor activities to do here! This weekend, I went stand up paddleboarding for the first time! I seriously LOVED it! I went with one of my coworkers who goes all the time, and we had so much fun. Seriously, if you have not gone you need to. It was so relaxing and I cannot wait to go again!
 

Saturday, Ryan and I went to Pacific Beach for brunch and walked around the boardwalk. I love boardwalks, and PB is definitely in my top favorite beaches in San Diego. It has that real beachy feel, with surfers and dive bars and restaurants steps from the beach. I already want to go back there again!
 
Sunday was my first race... 4.2 miles to be exact. I have already signed up for a 5k in a couple weeks, and Ryan is going to join me on this one! We then went to dinner with my brother and a group of his classmates.


 
This weekend was one of those weekends that I packed so full of activities, that I did not give myself enough time to stop and relax! I just finished working 4 days this week, and am so excited because Ryan and I have a 4 day weekend together! After much debate, we've decided to stay in our salty city and explore. We thought about going to LA, which we haven't done since last time he was stationed here, but there is SO much to do in San Diego that we haven't done yet! LA is on the to-do list! Can't wait to share what we end up doing here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment