Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My First Race

I am just NOT used to working 4 shifts a week. I loved working 3 twelve hour shifts in DC, and calling it a work week! I did do overtime for a while, but it got tired of that and stopped. If feels like I'm doing it again though since I'm at work 4 days a week! Anyway, that's to blame for my lack of blogging... and my lack of household chores, cleaning, cooking, and laundry... oops!

I am excited to share that I have a 3 day weekend this week! I working today and tomorrow and am off until Monday. You'll never guess how I've decided to fill my time off! My coworkers have basically forced me into running in a 4 mile run. I reluctantly signed up. I need to be honest though... I hate running! I have an elliptical and do that regularly, but running is another story. This should be interesting!  I have no shame in going slow or walking though! It'll be fun right?!

I have never been a runner, but I would like to run at least a half marathon in my lifetime. Maybe this will be the push I need to get on the running train! I will keep y'all posted... and for now, I will enjoy shopping for some cute workout clothes!


This is all part of being in california I suppose!


No comments:

Post a Comment