Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Introverted Extrovert

In general, I identify as a extrovert. I'm relatively outgoing, talkative, and love being surrounded by people. It's one of the main reasons I became a nurse and why I love it so much! The funny thing is, I still have days where I want to hang out... alone. As in, go to the movies alone, go out to eat alone... stuff that people do with their friends, I need to do solo on occasion. Today was one of those days, but it really was one of the best days I've had since moving here!


Pacific Beach may be one of my favorite SoCal beaches. It's not for everyone, but I'm obsessed with the restaurants and stores on the boardwalk. It just has that beachy feel to it, and it makes me so relaxed and happy. Rather than ask a friend to join me there today, I went totally alone. 


I walked all the way from PB to la jolla... Which is a hike! But I was on the water, watching surfers and hardly seemed to notice. As I was walking along the shore, trying to take in the beauty that surrounded me, I felt such a sense of peace and contentment: this is what life is all about. I was able to gather my thoughts and truly relax while hanging out with myself. Actually, I think I needed today. I have been packing our weekends full of activities, but I really needed a day like today!

Of course I swam in the ocean. The water was amazing, and felt good in contrast to the 80 degree weather. Look at me, already spoiled by the westher here and thinking 80 is unbelievably hot!


I am so happy to be in Californiw, close to the water. It's where I feel happiest. This really is the best!




No comments:

Post a Comment