Monday, September 8, 2014

Runners High

Y'all!! I did it... I ran my first 5k!! I am NOT a runner, but it's something I've always been interested in pursuing. After the 4 mile race I did a couple weeks ago, I felt slightly defeated. I didn't get that satisfaction feeling when crossing the finish line, but that's probably because I walked most of it! Not this time. I really wanted to run the entire time, and I did. The best part was that my hubby was there, and ran with me most of the time. He would run ahead, and come back and see me, them bolt ahead... He was so supportive and encouraging, and crossed the finish line twice to be with me when I crossed it! LOVE!!


Now I need to decide what I'm running next! AND I'm in the market for some new lulu clothes since I'm making this more of a hobby ;) 

After the run, I came home and crashed for like 3 hours. When I woke up, I got groceries and came home and made the easiest gluten free cookies you'll ever make.

Gluten free Peanut Butter Cookies


1 egg
1 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter

Mix all ingredients in mixer. Roll dough into ball shapes and place on cookie sheet. Use a fork to flatten out. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until bottom is light brown. This recipe yields 14 cookies, so I doubled it. I also had to keep mine in the oven a bit longer. They are really yummy though!

Have a great week!! I have Tuesday off this week, yay!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment