Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mock Housewife

Yesterday I played make believe housewife. I baked fresh bread, cleaned, washed and folded laundry, grocery shopped, and had dinner waiting for my husband when he got home from work. So many military spouses fill this role, and I think it's great. I often wonder if it's something I would enjoy. It was so easy for me to wake up and jump into action! Today I'm back at work, but still in bed cuz I don't want to leave the house... Hah! 

During my mock housewife day, I did make an escape to the beach for a little...


As much as I enjoyed my day, I also am thankful that I can contribute financially to our family. I am thankful for a "portable" career that has so far not been a struggle to find a job at our duty stations. I do envision myself cutting back my hours, such as if we have children. But for now, I'm thankful for my job! I'm also thankful for my days off which allow me to pretend I'm a housewife! 





No comments:

Post a Comment