Friday, April 10, 2015

A Coconut a Day

Coconuts are so in, at least my house they are! I have been diligent with my workout routine everyday this week, and I'm totally crediting coconuts!

A few weeks ago, I decided to buy one. I figured it would be a yummy treat for myself. After reading the nutrition facts, I could not believe it. So healthy... AND so delicious! So I started buying them 5 or more at a time, and have been enjoying it after I exercise. It's healthier than gatorade, 100% natural with no added sugar, and it's more pleasing to the palate than water (although I have mine in addition to water, this is my post workout treat). You can even dig out some of the coconut meat if you want a little snack! The local market by my house has them for the cheapest I've found, and it's a good thing for my wallet!

Don't walk... run to your local grocery store or palm tree and dive into a coconut! Young coconuts are my favorite, but I've tried the more traditional brown ones (not sure what they're called) as well.

I'm about to head into work. It's FRIDAY and siblings day, so I gotta shout out to my siblings! Have a good weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment