Friday, April 3, 2015

Early to Bed, Early to Rise

I promise I've wanted to blog all week. For real, when I was working out I was literally thinking up an entire entry! But of course if it doesn't actually get typed out, it doesn't count.
 
Is anyone else guilty of staying up late/sleeping in and "wasting the day away"? I sure am. When we first moved to California, I was still on east coast time and loved it because I was waking up between 7am and 8am every morning! It felt so good to get up and get going that early! But of course, my body eventually adjusted and I started sleeping in until my usual 10-11am timeframe.
 
Hubby told me I need to train my body on a different sleep schedule, so I have been trying that out. Mainly, I need to stay off of all devices at bedtime. Seriously. I get in bed at a decent hour, but 2 hours later I am still on my iPad and it is such a waste!
 
Wednesday was one of the first days I got to really force myself to get up and get going! It felt so good being so productive. I took care of groceries, errands, taxes, passport renewal, and other errands in the morning. I finished everything and looked at the time and it was only 11:30am! Such a win in my book. I had the whole rest of the day to do whatever! I cleaned the entire house (dusting, mopping, vacuuming... everything). It looks so good! I washed and folded all of our laundry, and still had the entire evening! I guess most people have figured out the whole "early to bed, early to rise" thing a long time ago. I obviously am just learning it though so I think its exciting!
 
Rather than plan another blogpost and then never posting it, I am going to go right into some other topics. Yesterday, I also donated my car. I've had this vehicle since I was 19. My grandparents gave it to me. They bought it before I was even born. We actually drove "Reese" from Maryland to California last summer when we moved. Unfortunately, at 25 she started having issues every few months. With two other cars, we decided to donate her to an animal organization. I love animals so much and could not think of a better option!


So Ryan and I are back to being a normal 2 car family, but that doesn't mean he hasn't tried to convince me we need a new motorcycle, jeep, or truck!! 

I came home yesterday to a surprise from my hubby!


Nothing like fresh coconut water!

One more day of work until my very busy weekend. I've got a birthday bar crawl tonight, breakfast and the zoo with other wives from Ryan's work tomorrow, and Easter dinner with friends on Sunday! I'll post a recap for sure. Happy Friday and happy weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment