Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Here to Stay

I'm still here. A lot has happened since my last post. New jobs (yes, plural) for me, new orders (Camp Pendleton - sooooooo excited), and a bunch of other stuff too. Let me just say this: it hasn't all been good things. Ryan and I hit probably the lowest point we've ever been in our 5 year marriage. I'm just keeping it real when I say all this. The good news is, we are on a climb uphill and I only see good things on the horizon. We are happy, healthy, and ready for new adventures.

So since April... What's been happening? Well, I finished my contract at UCSD and decided to take some time off to enjoy summer. I just started at another nursing job, and then I am starting back up at my old job (UCSD) in September. I decided from a financial standpoint, it's more lucrative to work per diem (I don't need the healthcare benefits, and the hourly rate is much higher) so I'm going to balance 2 per diem jobs. I'll end up working less but making the same amount, so that's a win in my book. I still have a lot of anxiety about starting the new job, but it know it will get easier with time. After all, this isn't my first time at the rodeo :)

Ryan got orders to camp Pendleton. After much thought, we decided to keep our home in San Diego, and he is commuting via motorcycle to work. I was totally willing to move to Camp P, but he had several points to why staying in San Diego was a better option so I didn't fight it. I'm happy to be in the home we love, near our favorite places, and close to my job. OH! We both got our motorcycle licenses! We bought a brand new motorcycle, which Ryan's been commuting with. I've only taken it out twice alone. I've realized I love being a passenger and am still getting used to riding on my own. It's been a lot of fun though, and I am very thankful to the Navy for letting me complete the training for free with Ryan! If not for that, I probably wouldn't have done it, but I am happy I did.

Ryan and I took our summer vacation this year and went to Catalina island. We didn't have much time to plan, so we decided to do something within the state. When you live in California, that still gives you really good options! We had a really nice time. It was really important for us to go somewhere to relax and spend time together, and Catalina was the best option. We SCUBA dived (or is it dove?) for the first time on a private tour, and it was amazing. We rented a jet ski, and we also rented a golf cart to tour the island. We couldn't believe how tiny it was! It's a great place to run away to for a couple days if you live in the SoCal area. 




My mom visited us for 10 days, which was a blast. We saw a taping of jimmy Kimmel live! spent lots of time at the beach! made homemade jam and pies, and put together my "garden" as I like to call it. 



Now that things have calmed down, I'm sure I'll be posting more often. It's been so hot here in San Diego, and I have to admit I absolutely love it. I've been going to the pool multiple times a week and find it so relaxing to swim and then lay out and dry off!! It's back to school for most of the schools here, but I love being an adult and embracing the "summer never ends" attitude!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment