Saturday, December 19, 2015

Long Weekends

Have I mentioned my work schedule? It's seriously the best. I got two part time jobs and self schedule at both of them, so I work when I want. I am so thankful to be in a profession that allows that type of flexibility. Anyway, I have scheduled long weekends for myself basically every weekend this month.

I've been busy, so I needed the time for planning. I hosted Thanksgiving, and helped with my sister in law's baby shower. This weekend was the first one in a while where I was off work, but had "me" time. This time is precious and healthy, and I need to make it more of a priority. Thursday, I went to Coronado and walked up and down the beach. I smelled the fresh air, and watched the sun glisten off of the ocean. I walked all the way from base to the Hotel Del Coronado. It was refreshing and beautiful. I love that walk, and have done it many times. I listened to Christmas music and reflected on how lucky we are to live in this area.

Yesterday was Ryan's work Christmas party... at Sea World! It was a nice change of pace than what I am used to for military festivities. We had a short and sweet ceremony and dinner, and then enjoyed the park with one of our good friends who is also in Ryan's battalion. He and Ryan served together 7 years ago when Ryan met me, so he's known us since the very beginning!

Today we have been relaxing... totally glorious. Relaxing to me includes cleaning and tidying the house though. I think my husband disagrees with that practice. We have plans to see Star Wars tomorrow, which I am looking forward to. It's been a wonderful weekend, and with the holidays coming up I know the next few weekends will be quite relaxing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment