Sunday, December 27, 2015

Post Holiday Recap

Christmas is over! I can't believe how fast it came and went. I'm one of those people who takes down the tree the day after Christmas. I know some people leave theirs up until mid January, but I am always ready to get my house back in order. I switch out to fall decor in September, so by this time I am ready to bring out my normal decorations.

We spent today vacuuming, dusting, rearranging storage items, and overall cleaning the house. I love the fresh feeling of a clean home! I also love my "plain" household items and decorations. I am simplistic and love the subtle but classy look to a home. It feels good to have it this way!

Don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful holiday season. It was just Ryan and I, and it was so relaxing. No fuss, just lots of movies, and sleeping in. We went to see Joy on Christmas day. I love the star studded cast and the movie did not disappoint. We also spent lots of time outdoors, and went for a long walk in Coronado. We are talking about buying a house (in like 5-10 years) so we were causally looking at houses in Point Loma. I clarify the 5-10 years though because we are adamant about not getting a "starter" home like many people do. It's a fine option and I understand why it works for some families, just not for us. We have been saving for 3 years for our house fund, but we want a huge downpayment when we find our "forever" home so it will be a few years. It's so fun to check out what is available now though!

Ryan has tomorrow off and I am crossing my fingers that I get cancelled at work... so far, no notice but a girl can dream right? I'm not complaining though because we get another long weekend together next weekend! AND it is our 6 year anniversary. We definitely had the most hurdles this year, but we overcame them and are stronger than ever.

Happy holidays to the blogger community!

No comments:

Post a Comment