Thursday, December 17, 2015

Tumultuous

This year... the best way to describe it is to say it was tumultuous. It's been a wild journey, with more sad and upsetting moments than happy ones. But you know what? I'm leaving 2015 in the best spirits I've been in all year. It's been a tough one, but I am happier now than I have been. I have clarity and feel grounded. That was something I was not feeling for quite some time, and it's amazing to have that feeling again. My marriage is on track and my career is solid. I'm learning to be more assertive, and to choose people in my life that also choose me.

I am back to blog! I have found that blogging is therapeutic for me. I first started blogging in 2010 when my husband was embarking on a deployment. I've since deleted and then recreated my blog in that time. Getting away from blogging has made me fall out of the community that comes along with it. I still follow the blogs of many people from 5 years ago, but I'm not sharing my story for them to read and I feel like that creates a barrier from me meeting new people through blogging.

Ryan is about to go overseas for a short period of time, and I figured this is a great time to get back in the blogger world. It's not a deployment, more like a lengthy business trip. This will give me a place to talk about what's happening while he is gone.

Rather than try to "catch up" on what's happening in our lives, I'm just going to start new with today. I'm sure past things may come up and fill in the gaps anyway. For now, let's focus on the present and future though! 

With that said, I am excited to share our lives with anyone who is out there reading!!! Stay tuned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment